Saturday, December 13, 2008

Apricot-Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies



If I had to choose which cookie is my absolute favorite, I would have to say it would be a tie between white chocolate macadamia and chocolate chip with walnuts. Next would be peanut butter, and then chocolate mint. At the very bottom of my list would have to be oatmeal. My husband loves oatmeal cookies, and I make them special for him all the time. Except when ever I take a bite from a cookie, I don't know why, something about the texture, I don't care for them. Even when I put chocolate chips in and raisins, doesn't make them taste any better for me.


So when I came upon this recipe, From: Gourmet (October 2003) I had high hopes that this would become one of my favorite cookies, because of the sweet and salty combination with the apricots and pistachios.

The one thing I did differently was I soaked my apricots in warm water for half an hour, to plump them up a little. My impression of this recipe after the cookies had cooled is, that if you like crispy, thin cookies than you will love this recipe. And even though I prefer my cookies more dense and moist, I did however like the flavors of this cookie, because the apricots came together well with the pistachios. It also had a really wonderful buttery rich flavor, that melted in your mouth.

Which type of oatmeal cookie do you like? Thin and crisp, with chocolate chips or raisins, or are you like me with oatmeal being one of your least favorites.

Link of the Day:Scrumptious Photography

0 comments: